About Martin Wine Cellar/Wines Unlimited
David Y. Martin, Jr., LLC is the corporate name of our company. You will recognize us doing business as Wines Unlimited; Martin Wine Cellar, Baton Rouge; Martin Wine Cellar, Magazine; Martin Wine Cellar, Mandeville; and Martin Wine Cellar, Metairie.
David Y. Martin, Jr. founded Martin Wine Cellar in Uptown New Orleans in 1946. Mr. Martin went into business in a 15–foot long store and a back stock consisting of a single case of Canada Dry soda. Just over 60 years later and while the original location on Baronne St. has not reopened following Hurricane Katrina in 2005, additional Martin Wine Cellar locations operate today: Metairie added in 1989, Mandeville added in 2005, and Baton Rouge and Magazine added in 2006.
Martin Wine Cellar ranks among the finest wine shops in the nation and has been recognized by MarketWatch, an industry trade journal, as one of the leading wine and spirits retailers in America. Our extensive selection of American and imported wines is complemented by an award–winning full service Bistro–Deli with catering, gourmet food departments with an extensive cheese selection, and a gift department which produces renowned food and wine gift baskets.
Mr. Martin also founded our wholesale wine division, Wines Unlimited, in 1953. Wines Unlimited is the premier distributor of fine wines in Louisiana with a portfolio that includes many of the finest American wines as well as those from the most famous wine producing regions around the world. The Wines Unlimited staff is recognized for their service-oriented attitude toward their customers. Our continuing success is a result of the combination of these fine products and our professional staff.
- Deli Front Counter Clerk
Part Time and Full Time. Days, evenings, weekends. The primary purpose is to assist customers in an effort to achieve 100% customer satisfaction. As the front line of customer service for the Deli, recognizing that the customer always comes first and acting as such is a must. Responsible to assist customers in all aspects from filling and retrieving orders, answering phones, and ringing up sales.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience: Six (6) months to a year of related experience preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: Responsible Vendor Certification required.
- Skills: Typing, reading, writing and answering multiple phone lines required, experience with PosiTouch, AS400, and ability to use general deli equipment preferred.
- Physical Abilities: Regular standing, using hands to finger, handle or feel, reaching with hands/arms, and talking or hearing; frequent lifting up to 50 pounds unassisted and walking; occasional sitting, climbing (ladder), stooping, kneeling or bending, tasting or smelling, work in cooler and near oven/stove, and exposure to fumes (gas/smoke), general cleaning chemicals and outdoor weather conditions.
- Apply in person during regular deli hours except noon–2pm at 714 Elmeer Ave., Metairie (corner of Elmeer & Vets).